Our Terms & Conditions
Alexander’s Grand Cafe, Restaurant, Bar & Terrace opened in Skipton opened in 2017 and offers an all day dining experience through a curated menus that include; brunch, lunch & gelato, dinner, drinks & music – Alexander’s is yours to share with friends & family and is currently open on reduced days and hours (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) due the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see our website for opening times.
Our Covid-19 Policy
Guest Check In
- Guests are required to book online or over the phone so that contact tracing is made easier. However, we will reserve some tables for ‘on the day’ bookings and for walk ins
- As part of the ‘track and trace’ programme, and to ensure your safety, we will need to take some contact details from you, which we will hold for 21 days
- All bookings will be allocated a table for both dining and drinks
- A one-way system will be in operation and must be adhered to as much as possible
- Sanitiser stations will be located at the entrance and you will be asked to use them on entering. In addition, there will be sanitiser available around the building for your convenience
- We kindly ask you to observe our internal signage regarding social distancing and please go straight to your table where you should remain for as much of your visit as possible
- We kindly ask you to wear a face mask upon entering Alexander’s and when moving around the building (e.g. to use the facilities). You are of course not required to wear a face mask whilst seated at your table
Standards of Service
- Guests will be shown to their table by our host who will greet you on arrival
- Menus for both food and drinks will be available to view through our online ordering app. Alternatively, food menus are available in single use recyclable paper formats and drinks menus are cleanable and sanitised between each guest use
- Please place and pay for your order via our app
- Staff will be on hand to help you in anyway during your visit whilst observing social distancing measures
- Food and drinks will be delivered on serving trays and placed near your table on a stand for you to collect and return back to your table. Alternatively, and if you prefer, our staff will assist at your request
- We prefer to operate a cashless system and encourage contactless payments where possible
- Extra time will be made in between bookings to allow us to fully sanitise the tables and chairs
- Single use napkins & condiments will used, cutlery will be delivered with your orders
- Tables will be cleared by staff once the booking has vacated or, if an interim clean is required, then this will be completed in the same fashion as the food delivery with guests placing items on the serving tray
- Bar areas will remain closed and act as dispense only as a temporary measure during this time
- The use of restrooms will be controlled by the host who will limit the number of people using the facilities at any one time
- Hand washing is imperative and, in addition, sanitising stations will be located around the building
- Once guests have finished we kindly request that you to leave the building using the one-way system which will be clearly marked
- All tables will be distanced in accordance with current guidelines
- Opening hours have been amended for the foreseeable future
- Where Perspex screens are used they will undergo the same disinfection process between bookings
PPE & Processes
- Whilst PPE hasn’t been made mandatory, all our staff will be wearing masks or full-face visors where required
- Face masks are now mandatory for customers upon entering and when moving around Alexander’s
- Gloves will be made available for staff to use in between tasks but will not form part of PPE as hand washing and hand sanitisation will be completed between tasks (at least every 20 Minutes)
- Social distancing will be adhered to as much as possible between staff
- Servers are not to be face to face with the chefs over the pass. they will come to collect orders once they are complete and the chefs have moved away
- Signage will be displayed on hand washing, temperature checks and their parameters, social distancing, one-way systems and how to order & pay
- Where staff are working in closer proximity, buddy bubbles will be created to reduce the cross over between staff
- High traffic areas and touch points will be disinfected every 30 minutes
General Terms & Conditions
Though Alexander’s is perfect for families, & our Little Explorers menu means our youngest guests are really well catered for, we do please ask that all children have vacated by 9pm each evening.
At Alexander’s we’re not stuffy or pretentious but we do ask for smart-casual clobber so be a brick (that’s Edwardian for good sport) & kindly remove hats when in the venue. In the interests of creating a bit of razzle-dazzle, football shirts, tracksuits & sports trainers are also deemed inappropriate. Thank you!
Dog & furry friend policy. Dogs & their owners may enjoy with equal anticipation our outdoor Terrace & Secret Garden area, as well as our Parlour. Guide Dogs are most welcome throughout the whole building.
The booking info…
For all tables over 5 people an authentication of £10 per person is required to secure your reservation. Tables will be held for 15 minutes after which time we reserve the right to release them to other parties.
Brunch & Bubbles is available Saturday 11am – 3pm and Sunday 11am – 1pm and is priced at £25pp which includes one item from our Bubbles & Brunch food menu and unlimited Prosecco, Schooners of Paulaner Beer or a selection of listed which will be served for 90minutes, after which we will need your table back. We will serve one drink at a time. Please note that all members of the party are required to have the same package and that pre-payment is required, however, should you cancel with more than 48 hours notice then the full amount will be reimbursed, pre-payments will be kept if you cancel within this time or if you make a new booking within 14 days the payment will be transferred over to the new booking (a second cancellation will result in no refund).
Pizza & Prosecco is priced at £15pp and includes one homemade sourdough pizzas and one glass of Prosecco. It is available Thursday and Friday 5pm – 7pm and pre-bookings are encouraged.
We have a range of function/events packages available on request which are subject to their own T&Cs.
Each reservation is given the following time allocation; 90 minutes (up to 2 guests), 2 hours (3-4 guests) 2 hours 30mins (5-6 guests). The good news though… there are plenty of other spaces to enjoy at Alexander’s so, please speak to a member of our team if you would like to stay for longer and we will look for a suitable table in The Parlour or on The Terrace.
Like most reputable places we’ll be checking ID so if you’re lucky enough to look under 25 please expect to be asked.
Booking & Cancellation Terms & Conditions
If you are unable to make your reservation we would respectfully ask you to make us aware at your earliest convenience. Please try to give at least 48 hours notice. During these unprecedented and unpredictable times it is important that we know who is coming as no shows can have a devastating impact on small businesses – we thank you for your support on this. Similarly, if numbers in your party change, we kindly ask you to call & let us know as soon as possible, so that we can accommodate as many guests as possible. Should you cancel with more than 48 hours notice then the full amount will be reimbursed, any deposits, pre-payments will be kept if you cancel within this time or if you make a new booking within 14 days the payment will be transferred over to the new booking, (a second cancellation will result in a no-refund).
Promotion Terms & Conditions
At Alexander’s we run a range of promotions throughout the year. We want to bring you value as well as incredible quality during your experience & hope that you’ll use them in Alexander’s. But of course we’ve got to have some rules, so here’s the legal bits.
Love Local Card – Skipton Press
Alexander’s Breakfast Club – On presentation of your Love Local card receive a complimentary tea, coffee or smoothie when you order off our main breakfast menu. (Offer excludes morning pastries). One usage per day.
This offer is subject to availability & change, is not redeemable for cash, cannot be exchanged, altered or amended & is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
Alexander’s Coffee Card
If you’re a fan of our signature roasted coffee, straight from our local supplier Rounton, or maybe you’ve fallen in love with our decadent hot chocolate? Or are you an avid fan of our fantastic range of loose leaf teas? Then you should pick up one of our coffee club loyalty cards. When you purchase 9 hot drinks, you receive the 10th free!
- Offer valid on both drink in & take-out hot drinks
- You may only receive one stamp per hot drink purchase
- This offer is not redeemable for cash & cannot be exchanged, altered or amended
- Your full loyalty card may only be redeemed once, but you are entitled to receive another if you wish to participate in the scheme again
- The offer is subject to availability & change
‘A’ Club Member Offers
Welcome & Birthday Gifts
When you sign up to the ‘A’ Club, you’re eligible for free gifts, get £10 off when you next dine and enjoy a complimentary cocktail on your birthday. We’re nice like that & want to help you celebrate!
When using your offer:
- You must be over 18 to qualify
- Your £10 off welcome gift applies on a minimum dining table spend of £60
- You may only use your birthday gift voucher once and the gifts cannot be claimed in conjunction, they must be claimed on separate visits
- Birthday gift is only redeemable when you book a table to dine & make purchases from our main menu (valid on our main dining menu only and not on promotions such as Brunch & Bubbles or Pizza & Prosecco)
- This offer is not redeemable for cash
- The offer is subject to availability & change
- We reserve the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to anyone who appears intoxicated
At Alexander’s we’re proud to support many local and national causes through the donation of raffle prizes and complimentary gifts. These include morning coffee & pastries, complimentary gelato, free fizz or round of drinks, & of course our decadent afternoon tea is available as a voucher for 2 people.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash & cannot be exchanged, altered or amended
- Subject to availability & change
- Each voucher is subject to its own expiry date which should be clearly shown on the voucher itself
- All vouchers are administered to a representative of charities supported by Alexander’s. Distribution thereafter is the sole responsibility of said charity & is not controlled by Alexander’s