Alexander’s Bar & Kitchen in Skipton offers an all day dining experience through a curated menu of exotic delights, the best of Europe & beyond. There’s brunch, lunch & gelato, dinner, drinks & music – Alexander’s is yours to share with friends & family 7 days a week & weekends until late.
Though Alexander’s is perfect for families, & our Little Explorers menu means our youngest guests are really well catered for, we do please ask that all children have vacated by 9pm each evening.
At Alexander’s we’re not stuffy or pretentious but we do ask for smart-casual clobber so be a brick (that’s Edwardian for good sport) & kindly remove hats when in the venue. In the interests of creating a bit of razzle-dazzle, football shirts, tracksuits & sports trainers are also deemed inappropriate. Thank you!
Dog & furry friend policy. Dogs & their owners may enjoy with equal anticipation our outdoor Terrace & Secret Garden area, as well as our Parlour. Guide Dogs are most welcome throughout the whole building.
The booking info…
For all tables, an authentication of £5 per person is required to secure your reservation. Tables will be held for 15 minutes after which time we reserve the right to release them to other parties. When booking Afternoon Tea, parties of 6 or more are required to pay a £10 per person deposit; this is non-refundable and will be deducted from your final bill. From 6pm Friday – Sunday our covered drinks & nibbles tables on the Terrace & in The Secret Garden are subject to a minimum spend per head of £30. We have a range of function/events packages available on request which are subject to their own T&Cs.
Due to our Kitchen area being rather bijou, each reservation is given the following time allocation; 2 hours for parties of 2 – 6, 2 hours 30 minutes for parties of 6 – 8 & 3 hours for parties of 8 or more. The good news though… we’ve plenty of other places to enjoy at Alexander’s so if we can, we’ll certainly find somewhere else for you to see the night away, from our beautiful tiled Edwardian Parlour, to our Terrace & Secret Garden. As our saying goes – the longer you stay the more you’ll discover & the more you discover the longer you’ll want to stay.
Like most reputable places we’ll be checking ID so if you’re lucky enough to look under 25 please expect to be asked.
Our stunning Afternoon Tea is served exclusively in the Parlour & on the Terrace at Alexander’s so to avoid disappointment please make sure you book in advance – that way all you need to do is is bring your appetite & look forward to experiencing fresh & tasty delights served with the best tea, coffee & bubbles in town.
7 days a week & weekends till late – Alexander’s is open from 10am till 11pm Sunday to Thursday & 10am until 1am Friday & Saturday.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
At Alexander’s we run a range of promotions throughout the year. We want to bring you value as well as incredible quality during your experience & hope that you’ll use them in Alexander’s. But of course we’ve got to have some rules, so here’s the legal bits.
Love Local Card – Skipton Press
Alexander’s Breakfast Club – On presentation of your Love Local card receive a complimentary tea, coffee or smoothie when you order off our main breakfast menu. (Offer excludes morning pastries). One usage per day.
This offer is subject to availability & change, is not redeemable for cash, cannot be exchanged, altered or amended & is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
Stray FM Voucher
Valid on food only, Monday-Thursday 1200-2200. One voucher per table/booking, change will not be given if the bill doesn’t come to the total voucher amount.
The Settle-Carlisle Railway Timetable Explore Voucher
Complimentary Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate when you order anything from our Breakfasty Brunch Menu served daily 1000 – 1200 noon, from 9 December 2018 until 19 May 2019. Valid on Breakfasty Brunch only, Monday-Sunday, 1000-1200. Subject to availability & change, cannot be exchanged, altered, or redeemed for cash, & not valid in conjunction with other offers.
Alexander’s Coffee Card
If you’re a fan of our signature roasted coffee, straight from our local supplier Rounton, or maybe you’ve fallen in love with our decadent hot chocolate? Or are you an avid fan of our fantastic range of loose leaf teas? Then you should pick up one of our coffee club loyalty cards. When you purchase 9 hot drinks, you receive the 10th free!
- Offer valid on both drink in & take-out hot drinks
- You may only receive one stamp per hot drink purchase
- This offer is not redeemable for cash & cannot be exchanged, altered or amended
- Your full loyalty card may only be redeemed once, but you are entitled to receive another if you wish to participate in the scheme again
- The offer is subject to availability & change
‘A’ Club Member Offers
When you sign up to the ‘A’ Club, you’re eligible for a free gift on your birthday. We’re nice like that & want to help you celebrate, but when using your offer:
- You must be over 18 to qualify
- You may only use your birthday gift voucher once
- Birthday gift is only redeemable when you book a table to dine & make purchases from our main menu (valid on lunch & dinner menus only)
- If you wish, we will allow you to exchange your complimentary bottle of house wine for a different wine of your choosing, & then pay the difference
- This offer is not redeemable for cash
- The offer is subject to availability & change
- We reserve the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to anyone who appears intoxicated
Sparkling Spring Treat
Celebrate Spring & receive a complimentary upgrade to Sparkling Afternoon Tea when you book a Traditional Afternoon Tea between 1 April & 31 May 2019. Offer excludes Bank Holidays.
At Alexander’s we’re proud to support many local and national causes through the donation of raffle prizes and complimentary gifts. These include morning coffee & pastries, complimentary gelato, free fizz or round of drinks, & of course our decadent afternoon tea is available as a voucher for 2 people.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash & cannot be exchanged, altered or amended
- Subject to availability & change
- Each voucher is subject to its own expiry date which should be clearly shown on the voucher itself
- All vouchers are administered to a representative of charities supported by Alexander’s. Distribution thereafter is the sole responsibility of said charity & is not controlled by Alexander’s