Deck the halls and jingle your bells…it’s nearly December which means it’s nearly Christmas! So to get you in the spirit, we’ve been chatting to our local suppliers to discover their favourite festive tipples!
They’re quick, easy, and seriously tasty. Try them for yourself and let us know what you think…
Masons Seasonal Serve
This festive serve comes from one of our local suppliers, Masons Yorkshire Gin. A small, independently owned artisan gin producer in Bedale, North Yorkshire, Masons’ aim is simple; to create a gin that stood out from the crowd, was unique had more character and essentially more taste. Here’s their seasonal serve for you to try at home.
– 50ml Masons Original Yorkshire Gin
– 200ml Fevertree ‘Limited Edition’ Clementine Tonic Water
– Orange Zest
– Star Anise
1. Fill a gin copa glass full of ice
2. Add Masons Gin
3. Add clementine tonic water and stir
4. Curl orange zest and use to garnish along with star anise
Slingsby Black Forest Gateaux
Straight from our good friends at Slingsby. Slingsby do things a little differently to create their incredibly popular gin range (try Slingsby Rhubarb at Alexander’s – a firm favourite!) Based in Harrogate, they’ve been creating extraordinary spirits for the past two years. Their Black Forest Gateaux is the ultimate Yuletide indulgence using their surprisingly smooth Pure Grain vodka.
– 35ml vodka
– 25ml cassis
– 25ml dark chocolate liqueur
– Dark chocolate
1. Place all ingredients together and shake
2. Fine strain into a chilled coupe
3. Top with cream float and grated chocolate
Santa’s Dry & Dirty Martini
And last – but certainly not least – this twist on an old classic comes from our friends at Whittaker’s Gin. A family-run business based out of Nidderdale, Whittaker’s produce artisan, small-batch gin. It truly reflects the Yorkshire countryside in a bottle, and they’ve got the perfect cocktail for you to try out.
– 3 parts Whittaker’s Original Gin
– 1 part quality vermouth (Mancino works really well)
– Olive brine to taste (1 teaspoon does the trick!)
1. Fill a martini glass with ice to chill.
2. Mix gin and vermouth, adulterate with olive brine and either shake or stir, with plenty of ice, to your preference. If you’re feeling extra fancy, why not make a bain-marie out of ice to stir in for less dilution!
3. Once ice cold, remove the ice from the glass and fill with your martini.
4. Finish with 3 olives on a cocktail stick.
If you’re trying out these cocktails at home, let us know your favourite! Throughout the festive period at Alexander’s, we’ve got incredible drinks packages for you to enjoy. From suave serve cocktails to mulled wine and cider, you can view them on our Festive Menus. Or discover our winter pop-up restaurant and venture ‘Off Piste’ in December.