Love is still in the air at Alexander’s as Valentine’s continues with our special Valentine’s Menu, available until Sunday 18 February– so there’s still time to treat your other half!
One of our favourites on the menu is the perfect Passionfruit Soufflé with White Chocolate Sauce, lovingly created by our Executive Head Chef, Jason Wardill.
Our 4 course Valentine’s Menu is just £36 per person with lots of yummy dishes to choose from so why not sit back and let us do the work for you!
To make it extra special, you can even pre-order a bouquet of flowers, bottle of Champagne or gift box of delicious artisan truffles to be waiting for you when you arrive.
Already enjoyed your Valentine’s celebrations and want to recreate the magic at home? We can’t disclose our chef’s TOP SECRET Passionfruit Soufflé recipe (he won’t even share it with us!) but why not try your hand at this simple yet deliciously tempting chocolate soufflé recipe.
85g plain chocolate
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sifted icing sugar for dusting
- Lightly butter two 8 ounce ramekins
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt with the remaining butter in a large bowl, over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Seperate the egg yolks from the whites and beat the yolks into your mixture until smooth. Make sure you save the whites, you’ll need those next!
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites in with the sugar until stiff peaks form. Spoon into the ramekins.
- Place on a hot baking tray in an oven preheated to 190 C/gas mark 5 for 20 minutes, or until the soufflés are well-risen and firm. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
If home-baking isn’t your thing, we have tasty treats on our menu all year around so sweeten your day and book in at Alexander’s!